Reused and recycled timber, products & kindling
Acorn Woodshack is a wood recycling workshop and shop for reclaimed timber, upcycled wooden furniture and quality locally made gifts and home wares.
How does it work?
Acorn Woodshack is a social enterprise that saves timber that would otherwise be burned from construction sites. We de-nail it and cut it to length to be sold from our store.
The timber is also used to make high-quality products, as well as kindling which is sold directly from our shop at Acorn in Trinity.
What can I buy?
- Clean serviceable timber at 60% of the cost of new timber.
- Wooden furniture made from the reclaimed timber, including benches, planters etc.
- Recycled wooden furniture from our Reuse Centre, cleaned and repaired.
- Kindling produced from unserviceable timber - a quality product packed in recyclable bags.
- Bespoke wooden products.
You do, with great prices for timber and quality products to buy! But the Woodshack also benefits Jersey in a number of ways:
- People with a disability receive employment and training.
- Reduces the amount of material imported into the Island.
- Reduces local waste and carbon emissions.
- Conserves a natural resource.
- Provides affordable, upcycled wooden furniture and building materials for low income families and local small business.
- Individuals on work placement schemes learn basic carpentry and employment skills.
- Generates income for charitable purposes.