Please support us
Acorn is the trading arm of the Jersey Employment Trust, a registered charity. Every penny we make goes back into supporting our clients in employment, training and development opportunities.
Supporting our work is a great way of giving back to the community. Individuals can help by using our businesses, the Reuse Centre, Woodshack, Nursery and Café.
Businesses can help in a number of ways:
- Choose us as your nominated charity
- Provide a gift in kind
- Pledge financial support
- Hold fundraising events on our behalf
- Raise awareness of our work
- Partner with us
- Posts: By doing so, you will be directly helping provide employment and training for our clients. We need Reuse and Retail assistants, posts which are filled by people with a disability or long-term health condition. By sponsoring just one Support Worker, a further 15 clients can access training and development at Acorn.
- Equipment: There are certain pieces of equipment which make life easier for our staff, volunteers and clients at Acorn. Items include perching stools, standing desk converters and workbenches and can cost anything between £40 and £2,000.
- Projects: Our projects offer valuable training and development opportunities for up to eight people at a time. Our clients upcycle wood, jewellery and furniture for reselling at Acorn. A project usually runs for 12 weeks and the cost covers a tutor, materials and support staff.
- Allotment: Our small allotment behind the Nursery is a wonderful oasis of peace and quiet which has proved particularly beneficial for those who have mental health issues.
We couldn’t function without our wonderful volunteers. The busiest area is the Reuse Centre, where there is plenty to do in terms of sorting and pricing. Whether it’s one hour a week or three hours every day, we’d love to hear from you. Appropriate induction and training will be given.
If disability, training and employment are drivers for you… If your company is aligned with environmental values… If you want to support Jersey’s biggest social enterprise… Then Acorn is for you! We welcome individuals or teams of volunteers to spend a day or half-day with us. They might spend time planting pumpkins, helping to take donated items from members of the public, or pricing and sorting stock ready for the shop floor. There is always something going on. We are happy to share activities on our busy Facebook page and Instagram, giving you great exposure for your business.
A gift in your will
Would you like to support our work into the future? All donations are reinvested into helping people with a disability or long-term health condition reach their full potential. We hope that once you have provided for your nearest and dearest, you will consider leaving a gift to us. Anyone can leave a gift in their will and every gift, large or small, is very important to us.
It might be:
- Part or all of your estate
- A specified cash sum which can be index-linked to safeguard its value
- An item, such as property or a piece of jewellery, to be used or sold by us
Please note that making a will should be done with the guidance of a lawyer.
Are you a Jersey taxpayer?
If you are donating £50 or more and you are a Jersey taxpayer, we can claim an additional 25p for every £1 you donate. All you have to do is complete a lump sum donation form and return it to us.
The form can be downloaded here.
Acorn is the most ambitious social enterprise project ever undertaken in Jersey. We need your help to make it succeed. To find out more about how you can support us, please call Steve on 01534 788937 or email email@example.com.